Friday, March 9, 2012

Noisy genealogy

I don't even remember what I was looking for, but I stumbled across one of my genealogy lines in a Rootsweb family tree a week or so ago.  Once in a while, I find a relative in a family tree, usually in several family trees, all with exactly the same information, all identical to mine.  Once in a while the owner of the tree is someone I exchanged information with so I understand that their information might be the same as mine.  It's gotten much harder to connect with good, fresh information and make contacts with fellow researchers.  So much seems to be just copied out of others' trees because there's a relation to a relation.  Kind of annoying when you look for someone, get six matches, but they're all your own information.  Oh, well.  I'm sure there are some persons that I just copied, especially from the early days of my research.  Now that was too big a sidetrack, so I'll start a new message ....

No comments:

Post a Comment